Summer loving happened so fast for Ryan Reynolds and Charlize Theron!

Just after two months, the big screen pair has called off their romance, Us Weekly reported.He only wanted something casual, but she's in a rush to settle down, have kids and start a family since she's getting older," a mag source claimed.

Star, 34, reportedly initiated the split with the 36-year-old actress.She did not take it very well when he broke it off. She knows deep down that it wouldn't have worked, but she is pretty bummed out about it all," the source continued.

The pair's busy work schedules were also to blame for their romance ending.They're both too busy, a friend of the "Prometheus" actress told the mag. And they were hardly ever together anyway.Ryan and Charlize's romance was first reported in July after the actor's motorcycle was spotted at Charlize's house and he was spotted exiting the home just moments before the actress.

In June, Charlize appeared on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" where she said she was single. She also noted that she was looking for a serious relationship, but not necessarily marriage.I really want for myself a long-term relationship, and I have been in long-term relationships," she said at the time. "That's the kind of union that I want. The actual ceremony is not something that is important to me, but I see the importance for other people.I treat my relationships like marriages.